Project Management &
Agile Project Management
What makes the difference?
There is no good or bad, right or wrong. Let´s differentiate along the following factors:
- long term planning is feasible vs. ongoing change of ecosystem
- linear dependencies vs. complexity
- well known area of business vs. new segments or regions
- command & control vs. regular goal setting, freedom for collective intelligence & commitment, regular feedback
- rigid structures vs. organization with ability to change
What is better?
- Classic waterfall - project planning has clear advantages if you work on reocurring projects in a rather constant surrounding. Agile would mean additional expenses.
- Classic project organizations fail often (and expensive) when they meet complex challenges. Here, agile provides a huge saving potential and much higher probability of success.
Whether Kanban, Scrum, Design Thinking, Safe oder Less is the suitable method, depends on the project & situation.
Agile Project Teams
- serve their customers with frequent delivery of value.
- are faster at complex problem solving.
- itentify failure early and learn / adapt, leading to less risk.
- can embrace a fast changing environment
Which conditions support your agile transformation?
Culture is key and decides whether the path towards agile working will be a red carpet or steeplechase. Elements of a so called agile mindset, like the agile values focus, openness, respect, courage and commitment are required among all teammembers of agile teams, and among leadership.
How to start?
Fastest learning works through real life projects. Guided by an experienced coach your team adopts methods and role knowledge, while delivering value. Common examples are the introduction of Kanban or Scrum for suitable projects, that we select according to clear criteria.
With growing experience in roles like Product Owner and Scrum Master / Mistress, your team builds a base to scale agility in the organization.
As ISO and PSM certified Coach, i am happy to support you in your agile transformation, with service options see below:
Services for your team
Shadowing / Accompaniment
You think that your team would work better using an agile way of working? So please do not post an agile coach job of found a department for business as a first step. These attempts fail very often.
- I offer you accompaniment with just listening and watching
- reflexion about already existing ideas
- and a recommendation how to start
If you are interested, get in contact. For the first day i only invoice travel costs, as it is very interesting for me to see different organizations frequently.
Training & Coaching for start into agile working
- Basic training and first experiences about common agile methods and agile principles. What is agile? How does Scrum or Kanban work? How can we innovate throuth design thinking? How can i live a certain agile role and facilitate progress and agile decision making? Where does Agile create the highest benefit? In a workshop, tailored to your team and situation, we take the first step into Agile.
- First real life agile projects - Learning by doing works best. Along clear criteria for a selection we identify suitable projects for agile transformation and start to run them through agile project management. I will support you step by step with Coaching in suitable frequency.
Agile Coach /
- In case of exciting challenges i am happy to work in your team, as ISO 17024 certified Agile Coach or Scrum Master PSM II. Assignments are possible on site, hybrid or remote, depending on the location.
- Same time i can provide Training and Coaching for employees who are on their way to grow into these roles, if desired.
- Depending on the project circumstances we can agree on a contract for freelance work or employment. Availability on request.
Availability of services depends on my free capacity, i don´t cancel confirmed orders.
Contact me via this form or linkedin or phone. (links on top of the page).
With an agile culture and agile ways of working you foster teamwork towards achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.